Careers (Sep 2018)
Marketing & Operations Assistant
Based in London – Travel & Lunch Paid
Place of work:
Remote working with the Marketing Manager and Founders
Marketing Manager & Founders
Who we are:
The People’s Poncho is a young brand with a unique take on modern rainwear. Since launching last year, we’ve sold thousands of products to customers in over 40 countries and we’ve grown a community of over 31k+ Instagram followers. Take a look our Instagram & Website.
We are going places and want someone to jump on board and get stuck in with all areas of a start-up business.
The Role (Full Time Position)
You will be involved in all areas of the business, and will be responsible for ensuring that the business is a well-oiled machine - improving efficiency wherever you can and contributing to the company’s fast growth. The role itself will be highly varied and you will be expected to be flexible and muck in with the team when required. In return, you will learn a lot and get exposure to a friendly and fast growing start-up.
Specific roles include:
As a small and young thriving start-up, marketing forms a key pillar of our work and we are always for fun and interesting ways to better our marketing. Any ideas you have would be welcome and and we are always happy to put support behind new initiatives.
- Influencer activity that includes finding the right influencers, creating moodboards managing relationships and the creation of content
- Helping to develop the strategy and marketing plan that includes competitive research, using customer data learnings and coming up with creative ideas
- Writing copy for blog posts and newsletters and press releases as well as managing guest content with affiliates and ambassadors
- Preparing and contributing to brand weekly Monday meetings with proposals and ideas
We like to think of our customers as our poncho family and ensure we maintain the best standards in customer service. This part of the role would include:
- Management of customer relations via Email, Instagram & Facebook
- Ensuring orders are running smoothly via the online system & communicating with our warehouse partners accordingly
- Maintaining the customer feedback & reviews process via Yotpo app
We like to think of ourselves as entrepreneurs always looking for new ways to grow the business and setting our sights on the next big thing. From the ordinary to the sublime tasks might include:
- Researching & contacting potential new wholesalers and concept stores
- Exploring partnership and collaboration opportunities with other brands, schools and festivals.
Flexible but Mostly 9.30-4 Mon-Fri
The Ideal candidate should be:
- High Energy & a can-do attitude - you get stuff done!
- Articulate, with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Exceptional organisational skills; you will be a master of organisation, managing multiple projects and able to prioritise tasks.
- Be Pro-Active - you will take initiative and achieve objectives without continuous instruction.
- Problem solver, you can spot issues and fix them
- Creative and have lots of ideas & suggestions
- Must know how to have FUN, be young hearted and energetic- ready to take on the world.
- Able to know how to work social channels and be Microsoft Office proficient